The Annual Membership fees for Research Tennis Club follow the financial year and are due the 1st July each year. New memberships are open from the third Monday of June. Current members will be advised by email when their new membership is due.
Club Membership Fees (as for 2019/2020)
|Junior||Under 18 years||$65|
|Student / Pensioner / Concession Card||Full-time student 18-25 years. Student, Pensioner or Concession ID required||$85|
|Family||Immediate family members only||$240|
|Honorary Life Member||Selection criteria applies, contact the committee for details.||Free|
|Court Key Security Deposit (Optional)||One-time security deposit is required for the use of a court key.
Fully refundable on return of the key.
|Replacement Key||Replacement fee for lost court key. Non-refundable.||$50|
Annual Membership Fees are composed of club membership fees, compulsory maintenance fee and membership with Tennis VIC which includes Personal Accident Insurance.
NEW memberships after the 1st January each year will pay a 50% pro-rata membership fee.
Non members are welcome to fill in for any Research Tennis Club competition team for up to and including two matches. However on the third match played they must be a member of the club and pay the appropriate membership fee.
In other words, a player can fill in for two matches without being a member. If they wish to play a third match they must join the club. If they join after the 1st of January a 50% pro-rata fee applies.
The court key security deposit entitles you to receive a key to access the courts any time outside of coaching and competition. Court keys are available to all memberships except Junior. Your non-junior membership must be current while you possess a key.
If you cease to be a financial member of Research Tennis Club (ie not paying your club dues) the key must be promptly returned to the Membership Secretary as per the instructions below.
Picking Up Your Court Key
When your payment has been received by Research Tennis Club please contact the Membership Secretary to arrange the pick up/delivery of your key. The contact details are available on the Committee Members page and under the panel below with the title Join Us.
Returning Your Court Key
Return your key and get your $100 deposit refunded by:
- Calling the Membership Secretary to arrange a drop off of the key
- Returning the key in an envelope along with your bank details for the refund to Research Post Office, with
Research Tennis Club,
PO Box 1038,
Research VIC 3095
… on the front. Currently there is no charge for this service.
Your key deposit money will be returned to you within 10 business days.
Completing Your Membership Online
Since the 2016/2017 membership season Research Tennis Club, along with many other tennis clubs, began using the member registration facility provided by Tennis Victoria.
To Join Research Tennis Club via Tennis Victoria
- Visit RESEARCH TENNIS CLUB’S online membership page through the link:https://my.tennis.com.au/OnlineMembership/663527
- Follow the prompts to select the type of membership you wish to purchase, complete other required information and select your payment type. Payment options include credit card, cash, cheque or EFT.
- If you choose to pay via credit card you will be required to enter your credit card details. Note: All credit card details are processed securely by online payment gateway Stripe. Research Tennis Club and Tennis Australia do not have access to your credit card details. Your credit card may not be deducted instantly as Research Tennis Club committee may need to first approve your membership.
PLEASE NOTE: Credit card payments attract a 3% surcharge charged to the club.
- If you choose to pay via cash, cheque or EFT you will receive an invoice via email that contains instructions on how to make payment to Research Tennis Club.
- If you have selected the option of a court key, you will be contacted within a week to arrange a suitable time to collect the key.
- For step-by-step instructions see COMPLETING YOUR CLUB MEMBERSHIP ONLINE.
In case you’ve lost your invoice these are payment instructions for Research Tennis Club.
Please quote “MSHIP” plus your initial and surname for the payment reference. For example for John Smith use “MSHIP J SMITH”.
Account Name: Research Tennis Club
BSB #: 633000
Account #: 1415 56886
Cash and Cheque
Cash and cheque payments can only be accepted on MEMBER REGISTRATION DAY.
The Membership Registration Day is will be announced in the club newsletter around May or June of each year. It’s usually held on the first or second SATURDAY of July from 10:00 AM – 12:00 NOON.
The next Membership Registration Day is on Saturday 13th July 2019 (subject to change).
The membership secretary will be in attendance at the club house for payment of fees by CASH or CHEQUE only and for the collection and distribution of keys.
If you require a court key (deposit required) but cannot attend membership registration day, please call Cheryle Lavender on 0409 993 402 to organise an alternative pick up time.
If you have any questions with regards to new membership, experience any problems with online membership or experiencing extenuating financial circumstances please contact Cheryle Lavender (Membership Secretary) on 0409 993 402 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org