Fast4 Tournament Scoring Format & Rules
- Main Draw Singles matches will be played as the best of three (3) short sets (first to 4 games) with
a short tiebreak (first to five (5) points, sudden death at four (4) points all) played at three (3)
- For consolation singles events or if a Doubles event is played, matches will be played as the best of
two (2) short sets (first to four (4) games) with a short tiebreak (first to five (5) points, sudden death
at four (4) points all) played at three (3) games all. If sets are even at the conclusion of the second
set, a Match tiebreak (first to ten (10) with an advantage of two (2) points) will be played to
determine the outcome of the Rubber.
- A short tiebreak is a tiebreak played as the first to five (5) points, sudden death at 4-4. The player
whose turn it is to serve at the commencement of the tiebreak (Player A) will serve two (2) points.
The opposing player (Player B) will then serve two (2) points. Player A (or team mate of Player A in
doubles) will then serve two (2) points. Player B (or team mate of Player B in doubles) will then
serve the following two (2) points. If the score reaches 4-4, Player B (or the team mate of Player B in
doubles) will serve the final point of the tiebreak with Player A choosing which side the ball will be
served. Players will change ends only after the first four (4) points have been played.
- All singles and doubles matches will be played using no-advantage scoring, with the receiver
choosing the service side when the game reaches deuce.
- No service lets will be played, meaning if the ball hits the net cord on a serve and lands (bounces)
within the correct service box, play will continue. In doubles, if the ball hits the net cord on the
serve and lands (bounces) within the correct service box, either player can return the ball (e.g.; the
ball hits the net cord and drops over the net, the non-receiver can move across and return the
- When the players change ends at the end of a game and during a tiebreak game, play shall be
continuous and the players shall change ends with players having to be ready to play within 60
seconds of the previous games completion. Players are not permitted to sit down during the
change of ends during a set.
- At the end of each set there shall be a set break of a maximum of ninety (90) seconds (Set Break).
The Set Break maximum time starts from the moment that one point finishes until the first service
is struck for the next point. Players are permitted to sit down at the end of a set.