Team entries for the DVTA 2019 Autumn Season are now open.Hurry! Team entries close 23rd November 2018.
- Monday Night Mixed
- Tuesday Night Mens
- Wednesday Night Ladies
- Thursday Night Mens
If you don’t have a team contact the club and we’ll find you a team that suits you.
The cost of entry is $240 per team per season and this covers ball money, lighting and DVTA fees.
If you have four players that’s $60 each, and if there are six players in your team it’s only $40 each. With up to fourteen matches in the season that’s less than $3 a week!
If you’re not a member of Research Tennis Club you will need to be a paid up member before the competition begins. Join Research Tennis Club.
Why Should I Play Tennis?
As well as getting a great workout connect and socialise with your local community. Plus, there are many more benefits as listed below.
Health benefits of tennis
Tennis can be a great workout and lots of fun. Playing tennis has many health benefits including:
- increasing aerobic capacities
- lowering resting heart rate and blood pressure
- improving metabolic function
- increasing bone density
- lowering body fat
- improving muscle tone, strength and flexibility
- increasing reaction times.
Other benefits of tennis
As well as being a great physical workout, tennis is also:
- a non-impact sport
- a great way to meet people and spend time with friends
- suitable for all ages and skill levels. Whatever your level, you can find someone of a similar ability to play with
- helpful to reduce stress
- not dependent on youth or strength – you can play for a lifetime or start the game at any age
- played all over Australia and through many parts of the world.
(from www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/healthyliving/tennis-health-benefits, viewed 2-Nov-2017)