As you’re no doubt aware, the Victorian Government has announced the introduction of Stage 4 COVID-19 restrictions across metropolitan Melbourne, including Nillumbik Shire Council and surrounding municipalities, effective 6pm, Sunday 2 August, 2020.
The Stage 4 restrictions are slated to last for 6 weeks under current circumstances.
As a result of the latest restrictions, Tennis can no longer be played at Tennis facilities under any circumstances. This includes coaching. Please see the advice from Sport and Recreation Victoria website detailing the new restrictions in place across Metro Melbourne;
You can leave home to exercise but there are limits:
- You must not travel more than 5km from where you live to exercise.
- All indoor and outdoor sport facilities are closed.
- You can still walk, cycle, run, do yoga or a workout in the park.
- You can no longer leave home for recreational activities including fishing, hunting, golf, boating, or recreational flying.
- You can exercise with one other person you live with or a friend or family member, as long as neither of you travel more than 5km from your home. Please use common sense and limit the number of people you see in person right now. It is safer to connect with friends and family using phone calls, social media and video calls. If you are exercising with someone else, you should keep 1.5 metres distance between you. Don’t hug, kiss or shake hands.
- You must limit your exercise to once a day and for only one hour.
- If you are a parent or guardian who is caring for a young child or someone who cannot be left unattended then they may accompany you.
Should there be any changes to the above restrictions, we will advise you as quickly as possible.
If you require any further information on COVID-19 stage 4 restrictions or have any other concerns, please the Research Tennis Club committee.
In the interim, please stay safe and we look forward to reopening these facilities to enable you to resume the activities that you love, in the not-too-distant future.